Roasted Asparagus
Mar. 29th, 2007 08:29 pmMany years ago, in the early part of dating, I was visiting Michael's apartment for dinner. "Guess what I've got in the oven?" he asked, all smiles, as I came through the door. "Roasted asparagus!" he announced, beaming, without waiting for an answer.
I thoughtlessly answered, "Oh. I don't think I like asparagus." His face fell and I regretted not keeping my mouth shut since he had been clearly pleased and excited. I hastily added, "But I could be wrong. I haven't eaten it very often."
Boy was I ever wrong. This was the first recipe he ever taught me and it remains one of my favorites. Prep is speedy and so easy you can tell the kids to do this dish.
Roasted Asparagus
INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Mix of herbs (thyme, basil, oregano) (easy on the thyme)
Cooking spray
INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.
Pour a little olive oil into baking pan (with high sides).
Put asparagus in pan and toss to coat with oil.
Add herbs, salt, and pepper and toss again to coat.
Bake until done. (not a lot of time...maybe 5-10 minutes.)
The asparagus should be a bright, pleasing green and it should be easily pierced with a fork. Don't roast it too long though...it'll end up looking all shriveled and sad.

Thread in vegrecipes

I thoughtlessly answered, "Oh. I don't think I like asparagus." His face fell and I regretted not keeping my mouth shut since he had been clearly pleased and excited. I hastily added, "But I could be wrong. I haven't eaten it very often."
Boy was I ever wrong. This was the first recipe he ever taught me and it remains one of my favorites. Prep is speedy and so easy you can tell the kids to do this dish.
Roasted Asparagus
INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Mix of herbs (thyme, basil, oregano) (easy on the thyme)
Cooking spray
INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.
Pour a little olive oil into baking pan (with high sides).
Put asparagus in pan and toss to coat with oil.
Add herbs, salt, and pepper and toss again to coat.
Bake until done. (not a lot of time...maybe 5-10 minutes.)
The asparagus should be a bright, pleasing green and it should be easily pierced with a fork. Don't roast it too long though...it'll end up looking all shriveled and sad.

Thread in vegrecipes

no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 09:32 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:19 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 09:42 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:19 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 09:47 pm (UTC)Sadly enough, I had never even heard of asparagus until I was 16, and it was served at a wedding I was attending. I fell in love that night.
Now that I am grown up and moved away, my parents eat asparagus frequently. Jerks. ;)
no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:20 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 09:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:21 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 09:58 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:22 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:21 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 07:06 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:23 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 07:06 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:39 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 07:09 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:45 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 10:45 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:Our asparagus season
Date: 2007-03-29 10:58 pm (UTC)Re: Our asparagus season
Date: 2007-03-29 11:00 pm (UTC)Re: Our asparagus season
From:Re: Our asparagus season
From:Re: Our asparagus season
From:Re: Our asparagus season
From:Re: Our asparagus season
From:Re: Our asparagus season
From:no subject
Date: 2007-03-29 11:56 pm (UTC)Thanks for posting the recipe.
How are you?
no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 07:12 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 12:42 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 07:13 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 01:22 am (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 02:49 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 07:18 am (UTC)Now this
From:no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 05:30 am (UTC)Spain is a HUGE asparagus producer!
Nice to see you here again.
:)
no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 07:19 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 07:51 am (UTC)yumy....mushroom?ness
no subject
Date: 2007-03-30 08:01 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-31 07:28 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-04-01 07:02 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-03-31 09:51 pm (UTC)What a gorgeous image, how did you get the rice to look like that?
no subject
Date: 2007-04-01 07:03 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2007-04-11 10:04 pm (UTC)