fitfool: (smile)
[personal profile] fitfool
  "I'm going shopping. Want anything?"
  "No thanks. You want help digging out the car?"
  "Nah...probably melted off the cars by now. Might need to brush off the windshield."
  "OK. At least wear your boots."
  "I'll be fine! I'm sure they've plowed out the parking lots by now."

For future reference, the correct answer should've been yes to both of his questions. Ten minutes of snow, icy windshields, and two soggy feet later, I climbed back into my car and tried to remember why I wasn't living in California.

snowy cars

Go watch this commercial
if you'd like to see what New England drivers without a garage put up with. No really...go watch and laugh.




site stats

Date: 2005-12-13 03:50 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] madbard.livejournal.com
At least you have a car with butt-heat!

Date: 2005-12-13 10:46 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
oh yeah...seat warmers did help restore my good mood.

Date: 2005-12-13 05:08 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] 2stars4arms.livejournal.com
That commercial was great!

But wow, that sucks. California is pretty darn nice...

Date: 2005-12-13 07:07 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] deltamiss.livejournal.com
That clip is too funny!

Date: 2005-12-13 09:46 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] snarkactual.livejournal.com
LOL! Yes, When the weather is as it's been I ask myself why I'm not in South Texas or Southern Cal where snow is a rare thing.

Date: 2005-12-13 10:30 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chemdragon1.livejournal.com
Last year was the first year I ever had to drive in snow. After about the second big snow of the year, I decided I didn't like snow as much as I remembered liking it when I was a kid. LOL

Date: 2005-12-13 10:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
Well sure...When you're a kid, a big snow means no school and snowball fights! When you're an adult you have to dig out the car and go to work anyhow.

Date: 2005-12-13 11:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] swordofthejedi.livejournal.com
*mwhaha* beautiful commercial!!!

i had to tackle the snow and ice a few times myself this week. grrr.
(deleted comment)

Date: 2005-12-14 12:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
Oh I was so impressed the first time I saw my neighbor had done that. Your boyfriend's crazy to not see the wisdom of this move. Hasn't he ever had to chip away at wipers that have been iced to the windshield?

I miss it

Date: 2005-12-13 01:21 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] writertobe.livejournal.com
Call me crazy, but I do miss New England winters. Then again, I love New England summers. So, I miss it.

Date: 2005-12-13 10:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] overdrrive.livejournal.com
This is so delayed, but hopefully, you might remember, in this (http://www.livejournal.com/community/food_porn/1712077.html) post, when you made those delicious cookies, how many cookies did you get out from that recipie? The predicted 5 dozen or less?

I'm planning on baking alteast 100 for a Holiday party I'm going to this Friday !
Thanks! :)

Date: 2005-12-13 11:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
I wrote up my full notes in this post.
minxy_baby's post said she got 2 dozen cookies. Based on that, I tried to make smaller cookies and ended up with 3.5 dozen cookies. Someone else had also posted about making this recipe and also ended up with fewer than the 5 dozen mentioned in the recipe but I forget what the exact yield had been. Have fun baking the cookies!

Date: 2005-12-14 03:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] new-ljer.livejournal.com
Hey. I just came across your LJ from a couple of friends, cowboymarine and xonod's and thought I'd leave you a message. But, I'm sorry about the snow that y'all have up there and all that... see? Just move down here to MS or whatnot, it hasn't snowed here in about 7 years (and even then, it was gone in about an hour). ...also, was just briefly glancing over your journal and I really like those recipes, mind if I "borrow" them? :D

Date: 2005-12-14 04:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
Of course please feel free to use any of the recipes. I love hearing back from people who've gone and cooked them. The snow wasn't really that big of a deal. It's the shock of remembering cold again. And I wanted to post that funny commercial.

Date: 2005-12-14 05:37 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] new-ljer.livejournal.com
Lol, alright, I'll have to try them sometime and let you know how it goes. :)Also, if you ever need/want some Southern or Cajun recipes, let me know. :D But, remembering cold...cold... does about... 30F count as cold? (what? That's pretty cold down here.... :P ;)) ...and, just couldn't help but make a post just so you could put up the funny commercial, eh? Tsk, tsk, tsk, forshame. lol

Date: 2005-12-15 01:25 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
Mm...I love Southern food. I just added you in case you post any of your dishes. I like watching Paula Deen on FoodTV even though she seems slightly crazy. Her dishes look so delicious but she goes crazy with butter and cream. Corn chowder with two entire sticks of butter? Even when I cut back on her quantities it still tastes too rich. But smells really good so I keep trying her recipes here and there. 30F-35F are our predicted highs this week. Gets even colder at night (it's 11F right now) Ugh. No matter why I haven't gone running. I'm being a wimp about it. Need to just suck it up. Oh I meant to ask you...are you really little bro to one of the other LJ friends? Or is that meant more in a camaraderie way?

Date: 2005-12-15 01:35 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] new-ljer.livejournal.com
Lol, alright, I probably won't, but, I'll see if I can bring back any recipes that you might like. ;) But, yeah, her cooking show is good... even if she does seem slightly crazy, you're right, lol. But, do you ever watch any of the Iron Chef stuff? I wish that they had a show to tell how how to make some of that stuff...that stuff looks awesome. :D ...sorry about the temps, that seems so cold... it's 48F here currently. But, lol, that's the bad thing about winter, though..it's cold so you don't want to go outside... and, there's always the chance if you do go outside/go running, you could hurt yourself, so, that's never any good. :P But, no, I'm not a little bro to anyone on here (albeit, I do have an older brother)... I just call cowboymarine my big bro, and he calls me his lil bro... *shrug* It's... I dunno how to explain it... it's a camaraderie/closeness thing... best way I can explain it.

Date: 2005-12-15 01:43 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
I love the Iron Chef shows. With the Japanese episodes, the dishes look incredibly beautiful and while I'm sure they would've made them taste exquisite, if I had read the descriptions of those in a menu, there's No Way I would've ordered them. Freaky ingredients.

When I go running in the cold I take it nice and easy and try really hard not to overstrain anything.

Oh ok...thanks for explaining about the lil bro stuff :)

Date: 2005-12-15 01:50 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] new-ljer.livejournal.com
Right, exactly.... they just look so good it makes your mouth water...but, then, like last night's... squid ice cream? ...it just makes you wonder what in the world is wrong with them... I mean, seriously, who comes up with some of that stuff? :P

Ahh, okay, that's cool... sorry, I must admit, never have done any of that stuff before. But, it sounds cool and rather kinda enjoyable, though. You like doing it?

Yeah...it's just.... something we started doing, not entirely sure why...but, it just kinda seems right. That explain it any? Or just make us seem like even more insane/idiots then we already are? lol ;)

Date: 2005-12-15 01:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
But I bet even the squid ice cream might taste good. I've had squid jerky and squid pizza and both were surprisingly good. (or not so surprisingly since my parents didn't tell me what it was before I started eating it and I didn't ask since I had long since learned I wouldn't like what a lot of the answers were about what we were eating.) And out in California, fish tacos were surprisingly delicious. I haven't seen them served anywhere else though.

Haven't done which stuff? The running? I love the feeling of having run. I rarely physically enjoy the run itself though I emotionally enjoy being outside and watching the scenery while I run. (and this November I ran my first marathon!) I've only run twice since then though. Having a hard time getting myself out there.

Yeah, it does make sense. Nicknames have a funny way of cropping up and sticking around.

Date: 2005-12-15 02:29 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] new-ljer.livejournal.com
Lol, yeah, that's very true... but, huh, remind me to try those sometime...as long as I don't know what they are, lol. But, fish tacos actually sound like they might be pretty good, though. ...and that about not asking, that's the rule with most Asian foods, isn't it? Don't ask, otherwise, you might never eat it again? ;)

Yeah, the running. But, that's cool... sounds rather nice. Congrads on running your first marathon, though, that's cool. Did you enjoy it? ...but, yeah, understandable... but, just gotta go do it if you want to stay on top of your game, right? :)

...and, yeah, understandable... nicknames do have a way of doing that, don't they? ... I wonder why that is... :P

Date: 2005-12-15 12:57 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pixelation.livejournal.com
Eeek. That is why I am going to be a California girl FOREVER. :P I'm making your Tortellini in Tomato Broth tonight! Yay!!

Date: 2005-12-15 01:39 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
yay! Hope you like it

Date: 2005-12-15 02:21 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pixelation.livejournal.com
Mmm it was awesome! And my man loved it too. :D

Date: 2005-12-15 02:24 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
coolness. One question...did the tortellini take a long time to cook? Mine always seem like they could be a little softer but I always figure it's close enough and start eating.

Date: 2005-12-15 02:45 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pixelation.livejournal.com
I stopped boiling it at 6-7 minutes. It was very yummy anyway, but yeah... like you said, it could be a little softer. Next time, I think I'll go for 10 minutes.

Date: 2005-12-15 02:49 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
yep...sounds like my experience. My boyfriend says I should get fresh tortellini but part of the reason I like the dish is that I can keep most of the ingredients on hand in the pantry. Still...tasty enough in my book. Thanks for reporting back :)

Date: 2005-12-15 04:30 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pixelation.livejournal.com
Yeah! I'm with you there. It's hard to get groceries more than once a week. And thank you for sharing your recipes! They're awesome, quick, and reasonably easy to make.

Date: 2005-12-15 10:29 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fitfool.livejournal.com
You're welcome. They have to be reasonably quick and easy before I'll attempt a recipe :)

Profile

fitfool

February 2014

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
910 11 12131415
16171819202122
232425262728 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 7th, 2026 03:15 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios